Illinoisans Need Civil Legal Help Now More Than Ever
Civil legal problems have spiked in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, especially for people already struggling to make ends meet and communities of color.
Our grantee IL Legal Aid Online reports a:
- 1040% increase in use of its online unemployment tools
- 1084% increase in use of emergency food stamp resources
As Illinois responds to this pandemic, legal aid will be a vital part of the State’s recovery. Only legal aid can help solve many of the problems caused by business closures and illness, like:
- People being wrongly denied critical benefits that can keep their families afloat
- Missed rent payments leading to eviction notices
- Disputes over medical and consumer debt
- Access to health care
To view our latest ‘Legal Aid & COVID-19’ one-pager, click here.