ACTION ALERT: “Virtually” Support AG Raoul’s Budget Request for Civil Legal Aid
Attorney General Kwame Raoul is presenting his first budget request to the House General Services Appropriation Committee at 3:30 pm on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27 and to the Senate Appropriations II Committee at 9 am on THURSDAY, MARCH 28. The Illinois Equal Justice Foundation’s (IEJF) civil legal aid appropriation and its Access to Justice appropriation supporting the IL Armed Forces Legal Aid Network (IL-AFLAN) are included in that request for $1.4 million each.
Please take a couple of minutes to fill out TWO virtual witness slips (one for each hearing) in support of Attorney General Raoul’s fiscal year 2020 budget request. In years past, the Appropriation Committee Chairs were impressed that we had 200+ people submit slips in support of the AG’s budget. We want to top that and demonstrate the widespread support for funding for civil legal aid.
- Fill out your identifying information. List “Self” under firm and title unless you are authorized fro represent an organization.
- Under representation, write “IL Equal Justice Foundation in support of Atty General budget“.
- Under Position for House bill, select “Supreme Court, Attorney General, State Retirement System, Executive Inspector General, Agriculture, DFPR” for the Subject Matter and then pick Proponent.
- Under Position for the Senate bill, select “Attorney General” for the Subject Matter and then pick Proponent.
- Under Testimony, pick Record of Appearance Only.
- Be sure to check “I agreed to ILGA terms of agreement” in the bottom left corner.
- Check Create Slip in bottom right corner. Done and Done!
Democracy made easy! Please submit virtual witness slips by 3 pm on Wednesday, March 27, 2019.
Thank you in advance for taking action to support state funding for civil legal aid, the IEJF and IL-AFLAN.