The Illinois Equal Justice Foundation (IEJF) makes grants to help Illinois residents understand how to access and use the legal system to resolve a problem.
In the Technical Assistance category, the IEJF will consider support for proposals that increase the capacity of network organizations in providing cannabis expungement services.
Use of Grant Funds
In the Technical Assistance category, the IEJF will make grants to support:
- Training and supportive materials for New Leaf Illinois grantees.
- Consultation services for network organizations.
- Communication to network grantees on status of cannabis-related
- Personnel costs to provide technical assistance, in addition to travel, meeting and other associated training costs.
In the Technical Assistance category, the IEJF will not consider proposals for:
- Proposals that violate the lobbying restrictions of IEJF funding.
In the Technical Assistance category, the IEJF will only consider applications from Illinois-based not-for-profit organizations that:
- Provide legal services in the subject-matter of criminal records relief and cannabis expungement.
- Demonstrate experience in providing technical assistance to other organizations, systems, or jurisdictions.
Evaluation Criteria (see criteria listed in Overview Section as well)
Applications in the Technical Assistance category will be evaluated based on:
- Demonstrated need for the proposed services, as reflected by factors such as the number of requests for information or assistance by individuals, organizations, or system stakeholders.
- Strategies that are responsive and proactive to New Leaf Illinois grantee needs and prioritize communication on updates and relevant topics.
- Preference will be given to proposals that consider the state-wide need for technical assistance and strategies for providing services disproportionately-impacted areas designated by the Restore, Reinvest and Renew (R3) Board by data provided through the Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority (ICJIA), found at https://icjia.illinois.gov/r3/.